About NYC Math Team
For over seventy-five years, New York City has held a leading position in the world of Mathematics competitions at all levels. The New York City Math Team (NYCMT) provides the means by which interested, outstanding students may prepare in order to collectively represent NYC in State, Regional, and National Mathematics Competitions.
For students: The New York City Math Team is a place for students interested in mathematics to interact with one another and to learn math, solve problems and participate in math competitions. We strive to engage and encourage all interested students to join this highly enriched community in which like-minded, interested students deepen their appreciation, understanding and enjoyment of Mathematics.
For teachers: The New York Math Team also welcomes coaches to attend team practices, give presentations, start their own math teams and become part of the math community.
What to Expect
- Practices are open to accepted students in grades 9-12.
- Acceptance is based on students’ applications and recommendation from their coaches.
- Practices will be held in the Spring before the major NYSML and ARML competitions. See Practices
- Students will have an opportunity to meet students from across the city who are also interested in math.
- Team members will participate in various contests.
- Top performers will compete in state and national competitions.
How to Join
Fill out the application form.